UpdatedWednesday January 27, 2016 byNKYA Baseball.
Coaches should inspect equipment on a regular basis, making sure it is in good working condition and fits properly. Defective equipment can be replaced by contacting the Equipment & Field Maintenance Director or any board member.
Additionally the following guidelines should be followed:
- No games or practice should be held when weather or field conditions are not safe, particularly when daylight is inadequate.
- Storms can develop very quickly. Please refer to NKYA Baseball League Lightning Policy
- Batters must wear protective helmets during practices and games
- Pitching machines should be in good working order and must be operated only by managers and coaches.
- Catcher’s must wear a catcher’s helmet with face mask, chest protector, and shin guards
- Male catchers must wear a cup at all times
- Warm up catchers must wear a catcher’s helmet and face mask while warming up pitchers. This applies pre-game, during warm ups, and between innings.
- Coaches shall instruct all players on safe sliding techniques
- Coaches shall instruct all players on how to avoid a pitched ball
- Bats should not be handled while in the dugout
- Players must not wear watches, rings, jewelry, necklaces, or other metallic items during practices or games
- Players who are injured or ill should remain under the coaches supervision until released to a parent or guardian
- On Deck batters will only be allowed to be in the designated on deck circle
- After a practice or game, coaches should not leave until all players have been picked up
- Players should be instructed in proper stretching techniques and apply them prior to every practice or game
- Horseplay is not permitted on the playing field or in the dugout
- All players should conduct themselves in the appropriate manner on and off the field
- Parents of players who wear glasses should be encouraged to provide “Safety Glasses.”