UpdatedWednesday January 27, 2016 byNKYA Baseball.
In the event of an injury, please attempt to follow the following procedures:
- Administer First Aid to the level of your training. Call 911 if necessary.
- If 911 is called, stay with the injured player until professional help arrives
- Reassure the injured party and spectators.
- Contact the injured part's parent or guardian. If unavailable, contact the emergency contact listed on the registration form
- Control the activity around the injured player
- Talk to your team about the situation. Often players are upset and worried when a teammate is injured. They need to feel safe and understand why the injury occurred.
- Any injury requiring professional medical care will need a physician's clearance prior to returning to play. Contact your league Safety Officer by phone within 24 hours of the incident.